Here in Canada, we are currently celebrating #WasteReductionWeek, although at MASS this is the theme of everything we do 365 days a year. However, this week is special nonetheless so in this spirit, we are bringing to you several blog posts featuring this theme. Today, we are focusing on how Waste Reduction could be a game changer for your business, and why it must be focus of the modern work place.
As a privately-owned business, MASS Environmental Services Inc. celebrates the spirit of entrepreneurship each and every day. We are proud of our small business roots, and recognize the challenges that business owners face in a changing marketplace. At MASS, we understand how business owners and operators can get so busy with planning for company growth, managing the day-to-day, and setting and achieving their most important goals, that the benefits of Waste Reduction may not always be realized. We understand that sometimes, Waste Reduction may not appear to be the most important priority for businesses. However, we also understand that when Waste Reduction is overlooked, businesses miss out on an opportunity to achieve massive results. Today, we want to open this conversation about why your business should prioritize Waste Reduction, with a few key benefits that are being realized by companies like yours!
- Cost Savings – The cost to send material to landfill is significant, and is only going to continue to rise. A focus on Waste Diversion and Waste Reduction will provide your company with the opportunity to achieve significant operational cost savings right away!
- Efficiency – Efficient use of materials, packaging, and technology contribute to the efficiency of your team. When looking to Waste Reduction as an opportunity to improve results for your company, prepare for an increase in overall efficiency.
- Regulatory Compliance – Are you up to date on the current and upcoming regulations for Waste and Recycling in your area? It is important to be aware of the requirements in your region, or you could be at risk of violation notices and fines. As the industry becomes more highly regulated and monitored, Waste Reduction efforts are one of the very best ways to mitigate the liability of your business.
- Team Engagement – Study after study has proven that employees are more engaged when they are connected to the larger purpose of the company they work for. If the larger purpose of your company includes a commitment to leaving behind a thriving earth for the next generation, you can be assured that your team will appreciate this. When they become a part of the mission through staff education, they will embrace their valuable role in Waste Reduction, thus creating a strong sense of purpose and engagement within your company culture.
- Reputation – In an era where climate change is in the headlines of our media every single day, companies are expected to do their part to have a positive impact. By committing to reducing your waste, you will reduce the environmental footprint of your company, and have an exceptional accomplishment to share with your clients.
- It’s the Right Thing to Do! – Perhaps the most important reason of all, Waste Reduction is the right thing to do. It is imperative that we take focused action to protect our planet. As landfill space becomes more and more limited, we need to make a decision to waste less, and re-use more. As a business, this is an important social responsibility for each of us to take ownership for.
As we celebrate Waste Reduction Week in Canada, we encourage businesses and individuals alike to do their part to reduce their waste and make a difference. Change begins with just one step. Make the choice to take that step today!
If you are looking for information on how MASS can guide you on the path to Waste Reduction, while achieving: Cost Control, Education, and Compliance for your business, please Contact Us today. Our team will be happy to provide a complementary cost-savings analysis to see how the MASS methodology could enhance your operations!